Hey Silvaril. I'm not sure that adding a <includeonly> link will work for the race file links. Those race file links are also on the front page and the sandbox page, so those two pages are being listed in all the race categories. I don't know of a way to exclude those pages from being listed in a category while using a <includeonly> link, but if you do, we should use it there. Oh and I'm going to switch the plain race name categories to the Faction categories. --Nspace 21:47, 18 April 2011 (CDT)
I've noticed you've added technology categories to weapons. I will probably end up adding the technology category of each weapon to its transcluded info page and a row in the infobox. There's a few things to be decided, however:
- Should weapons be categorized by their technology directly (e.g. Warhead Technology) or in a subcategory (e.g. Warhead Technology Weapons)? (Also note that "Energy Weapons" are those that have the "Energy" attribute, which is not always the same as being of the "Energy Weapon" tech tree. --Evil4Zerggin 10:57, 3 November 2011 (EDT))
- I realized to my chagrin that some weapons have the same name as their technology. Should we put them on the same page when this is the case? If so I should probably transclude from "Page Name/Weapon" and "Page Name/Technology" instead of the generic "Page Name/Info".
I should probably also make greater use of the string file in the future... internal names seem to be awfully inconsistent with regards to spacing, capitalization, and dashes.
--Evil4Zerggin 10:44, 3 November 2011 (EDT)
- The issue with weapons is that some belong under both their technology category and under the weapon category. So Warhead Technology and Warheads.
- Generally this only occurs when the Tech and the Weapon have the same name though.
- I am not wedded to the use of categories, though I do like to use them, so alternatives are quite acceptable.
- As regards weapons that have the energy attribute vs energy weapons, the former is an indicator of damage type for use when impacts are registered against Disrupter shields and the ilk.
- And possibly also useful when determining Energy vs Supply. That latter divide is the one I'm using to broadly group weapons by as seen by the sub-groups on the Weapons page.
- I think making the Subpage title more explicit as to the source of the information is a good idea, being that the info is either tech related or combat (aka Weapon) related.
- The majority of the pages don't require that distinction, but figure if we have to change some we may as well do them all.
- And yeah the strings file... Not sure how well that will map from update to update for the bot, but as it is what the folks see in game, it tends to be what they use when hunting for information.
- --Silvaril 15:02, 3 November 2011 (EDT)
I saw your messages on E4Z's talk page. I created a preliminary page here as a resource, see Colour Blindness. If necessary, we can fill this with more info and examples specific to this wiki. Probably most important, I added some colours that should be distinguishable (more or less). --CPhoenix 07:57, 4 December 2011 (EST)